Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A New Season of Life

I love new seasons, for the most part, because of the freshness of it and the excitement of newness. And along with those things I have grown to appreciate the way the Lord humbles me through them and reminds me how much I need Him.
Day four in Clarkston is over and I continue to feel like a wide-eyed child more and more. I also am more and more aware of how much bigger than myself the task ahead of me is.
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  -  Matthew 18:1-4
Through the newness and unknowns of this place that is unlike anything else I have ever experienced, the Lord is teaching me so much about becoming like a child. 
Like being a learner, watching and listening to understand the peoples and cultures around you. 
Like trusting the one leading you, knowing that the Lord has brought us here with a purpose and continuing to trust and follow after Him as he leads us in that.
Like remembering that we are small and weak, the Lord is doing a lot of amazing things in Clarkston and He doesn't need us for any of them, but like a loving father He desires to help us be a part of His great work in this city. 
Our Father has been so good to us over the past few days and I know that He will continue to lead us and guide us, so that we can be a part of the amazing ways He is making His name great among the people of this city. 
Pray for us that we would continue to walk as children being led by our Heavenly Father. 
This entry was posted in .

2 comments :

  1. Good to see that things are going well! I haven't seen you in ages, and now we don't even live in Mississippi any more. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete