Monday, February 28, 2011

Back To The Present

So in case you didn't know, I got back from a scouting trip to India a week or so ago. I feel like I should post about that, but I'm gonna save most of that for another day. I had heard that even from a shorter trip there is some reverse culture shock that happens after you get back, but I didn't really know what that would look like for me. Well, seeing your fiancee after three weeks of being on opposite sides of the world was pretty stinkin awesome. Just sayin.. But, I have been struggling to live in light of what I saw and experienced, while life is pretty much the same as a month ago before I left. One of the things that the Lord really put on my heart was being aware of the spiritual warfare that is going on around us all of the time. Just really being aware of the schemes of Satan to distract us and pull us away from focus on Jesus. Another was praying with faith in the power of Jesus name. While we were in India prayer became my lifeline. I could feel the darkness of that place, and besides I felt very small and powerless in a world where I don't speak the language or understand the culture. So, prayer was my connection to a power that has overcome that darkness and is over all cultures and peoples. And the Lord really convicted me while I was there that prayer is something that I so often forget here where I feel like I have things figured out.
So, since I have been back I have been trying to spend more and better time in prayer with the Lord. Especially, as Rachel and I are preparing to make this huge commitment to one another. So pray for us as we are preparing to become the beautiful picture of Christ and the Church that marriage is. And pray that we would continue to rest in the power of our Lord and not in our own strength.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:6-7


14And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

1 John 5:14-15
This entry was posted in .

0 comments :

Post a Comment